Int he second half of 1800, Giovanni Minuto owned vineyards in the town of Barbaresco; in 1913 his son Luigi started to produce wine from the grapes harvested. In 1952, the company was split between the sons Lorenzo and Mario. Mario inherited the Moccagatta farmhouse which gives the name to the current company.
Today, Francesco and Sergio carry on their father's business with great passion. They are supported by their respective sons: Stefano who works in the company, and Martina who got a diploma at the wine-making Institute in Alba and graduated in viticulture and enology at the University of Turin
The company spreads out over 15 hectares, 12 planted with vines, for an average annual production of 65,000 bottles of wine made just from the grapes grown in their own vineyards.
The search for a balanced production, a special care over the vines from pruning to green harvest in the summer, and the use of modern facilities and equipment in the cellar have turned out to be fundamental to produce high quality wine.