CANTINA DEL TABURNO
The Taburno Cellar, located at the foot of Mount Taburno, is owned by the Benevento Agrarian Consortium. The latter, founded in 1901, has played a key role for the development of Sannite agriculture over the course of a century. Located in the municipality of Foglianise, it was built in 1972. For the production philosophy that has always distinguished the company and the economic impact on the territory that it determines, it is a reference point for viticulture in the area.
Aglianio del Sannio (also called di Torrecuso) is the main grape varietal of Taburno and it is considereed indigenous because of the presence of vines that are much more than a century old and of its wide distribution in the area. Other red berry varietals, such as Piedirosso and Sciascinoso are present. Falanghina, instead, is the main white varietal. During the last 20 years, work at Cantina del Taburno has been focused on the quality improvement of wine made from this grape. Attention has also been paid to the other 3 white varietals: Coda di Volpe, Greco and Fiano. At present the grapes grown by 300 associates are vinified at the winery and great efforts are made to achieve the best conditions for the highest quality expression of these historic varietals.